Gin & Tonic 2
Our chopping board would make an ideal gift for that Gin & Tonic lover in your life.
High Quality Chopping Board Hand Made in Yorkshire.
The chopping board comes with the option to be personalised with your choice of engraving. Why not personalise the board with a little message or simply add a name.
A proof will be sent for approval before engraving to the email address provided at checkout.
The chopping boards are made from European Oak from FSC and PEFC suppliers. The boards are finished with two coats of Brandon bespoke food safe oil and finally finished with a layer of bees wax from the North Yorkshire Moors.
Note this is a natural product and dimensions may vary slightly.
You can choose from four different sizes:
- Mini Size 180mm long x 150mm wide x 38mm thick.
- Small Size 350mm long x 200mm wide x 26mm thick.
- Medium Size 400mm long x 250mm wide x 26mm thick.
- Large Size 450mm long x 300mm wide x 40mm thick.
Please note the board shown in the pictures is of Mini Size.
The chopping boards are laser engraved on one side only which is meant for display, while the other side is intended for cutting.
Please be aware that since wood is a natural product it can vary greatly from board to board, so colours and finish will vary.
Due to the fact each board has to be personalised and finished to our extremely high standards, we aim to get boards delivered within 5-7 working days. If you are in a hurry drop us an email and we will see what we can do….
We make no profit from postage, everything we charge covers the packaging and of course the delivery, we even throw in some complimentary Food Safe Mineral Oil to help keep your board healthier for longer.
Where possible multiple orders will receive combined postage (drop us an email first).
Our Price: £25.95
Unfortunately all personalised gifts are non-refundable unless damaged in transit.
If an item arrives faulty or damaged we will advise the customer how to return the item with all return costs covered if the item / items were found to be faulty. Replacements & refunds will be dispatched / issued on receipt of the returned items only.
At Oak Bloke we only use the very best and most durable wood. After extensive testing and months of trialling we have now come up with the winning formula. Our boards are made to last and be used on a daily basis. The Oak Bloke is a huge lover of long countryside walks and views the oak tree as a natural and much loved symbol of the British countryside, cutting these down would be a travesty, therefore we only ever use PEFC and FSC certified Oak.
The Oak boards have been machined and finished to extremely high standards to help prevent warping and minimise any cracking. However they will develop their own character over time depending on how it is used and cared for.
Before your board started its journey, the Oak Bloke has been busy; he has treated it with at least three coats of food safe mineral oil and finished it with local bees wax to give it that shine and extra resistance.
The Oak Bloke would still recommend the following mantra:
"Oil it once a day for a week, once a week for a month, once a month for a year, and then once a year for the rest of your life..."
The Oak Bloke highly recommends using Brandon Bespoke mineral oil http://brandonbespoke.co.uk/
Oak Bloke Tips
- Apply a generous amount of oil with a clean rag or kitchen paper. Leave to absorb for an hour or so and wipe off any surplus.
- To clean it you should scrub it with hot water and soap. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Do not dry it in hot sunshine. Never submerge cutting boards in a sink of water! Wood is porous and will soak up water causing the cutting board to crack when it dries.
- To eliminate garlic, onion or any other smells from your board you can rub it with coarse salt, baking soda, lemon or vinegar, leave for a few minutes and rinse.
- Anything moist left on the board overnight i.e. cheese, peppers may cause dark marks and stains as the moisture can get into the wood, a great Oak Bloke tip is to rub fresh rhubarb over the mark although you shouldn’t have any issues if the board has been well oiled and maintained.
Please contact us for further advice and information.